It is super hot and humid, I think I've mentioned that before. I have Daniel attached to me in the carrier pretty much all day (thank you Lisa!! We'd be in trouble without it!). Daniel and I both end up sweaty and hot from this arrangement, but luckily we like each other. I did not hear about Monkey Butt Powder until we were already here. It supposedly helps keep you from sweating as much in humid weather. It sounds heavenly right about now. Oh well.
i'll leave you with a few pictures of our day.
Taxi ride to The Island. Whoever is going faster seems to have the right of way. Pedestrians risk their life crossing the street. It is ok to drive on the wrong side of the road if it will get you where you are going quicker.
Shamian Island. Beautiful colonial architecture, shaded streets, slower pace, friendly shop owners ready to become your BFF..."if you buy a lot I lower the price."
A group of precious school children. They were singing a song at the top of their lungs and then they would freeze in place. This was followed by a symphony of belly laughs. I could have watched them all day!
Inside one of the shops. This is the husband and the 4 year old son. They are a Christian family who live on the island and attend the church there. He has been a Christian for 12 years and she has been for 8. They sell bilingual Bibles and many other beautiful items. Jenny said Christians are no longer persecuted and they are free to worship as they wish in China. This was news to me.
We're thinking Samuel might like his head shaved like this little boy.
Having lunch at Lucy's. An American diner. It was yummy. We had fried rice and sole fish and fries. A few times we slid Daniel over onto Chad's lap and since he was having so much fun he did not notice. When he realized what had happened he'd look back at me, raise his arms, grunt, and make his way back over to my lap. Baby steps.
By the river, Pearl River I think, not sure. These are the other two mamas in our travel group. We've done pretty much everything together. Laughed and cried, and everything in between.
Signs around the Island. No shotting or hawking. Bummer.
The Island is a popular place for models to pose and be photographed.










Love the pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings!